Friday, August 31, 2007

Donald Murray

In reading Mr. Murray's articles, I felt they gave me a real sense of who he was as a person. His style of writing was very conversational and easy to read. He never weighed it down with ambiguous words or things that should have been left out, which allowed the reader to connect with him through his articles. I truly believed that writing was Murray's own personal escape from everyday life, or even perhaps he reality surrounding last days. Writing was his undoubtably his passion.

"I try to capture a fragment of life and reveal its wonder to you. I never get it quite right, but there is a joy in the trying that makes me young at 83." Says Murray expressing he joy of writing.

After reading Mr.Murray's obituary and last articles, I learned to do what I love and be the best I can be at whatever that may be. Murray was very dedicated to his profession, writing up until his death. That type of commitment served as an inspiration to live out my professional aspirations.

No comments: